Saturday 20 September 2014

Cassette Card for 30th Joint Birthday

I was asked today to make a 30th Joint Birthday card for my Daughters friends 80s themed Birthday.
I have been away from the craft room for a few days but I LOVE the 80s so couldn't say no.
I rattled my brains fondly looking back to an amazing decade that I enjoyed so much & the old tape cassettes may of peen a pain especially having to keep winding the tape back in with a pencil so though I would have a go at creating a card in the shape on one.
And here is how I did it..................

I designed the tape winder section using Microsoft office.
Folded A3 card to make a large A4 card.
Cut a piece of thick black card to cover the front of the card
Cut the centre window tape centre out in 1 piece so I could use pro markers to colour the tape & screen in.
Glued the main tape winder section onto the front of the card
Glued the centre I had just used my pro markers in back into place.
Cut a section of black card to make the shape at the base of the cassette.
Coloured in some card candy to make the pretend holes & siliconed them on along with 5 black buttons that should be screws.
I then sprayed everything with Iridescent spray & sparkle.

Was nice to get into the craft room after a few days away but now time to go start tea & think about my next project :) xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Torreads Card & Candle in a box

Torreads Card & Candle in a box

Baby Shoes Card

Baby Shoes Card

Shoe on a gift box card

Shoe on a gift box card