Tuesday 6 January 2015

Mermaid Book





1st Project for the year was this Mermaid book.....
My inspiration came from a tub of Frantage Micra Fragments I bought but never used, I totally loved the colours & they reminded me of fish scales.
The image is a Saturated Canary stamp which I put onto Neenah Cardstock.
Coloured with Spectrum Noir pens & Pencils....
Skin... Pens... FS2,3,4,5 & 9 
Skin Pencils... 5,8 & 9 
I used Blending Fluid to blend the times together.
Hair... Pens... EB3,5,8 & TN 3
Hair... Pencils... 100,104,110
Tail... Pencils... 65,67 & 71
Shell Top... pencils... 114 & 117

The main part of the mermaids tail I used Collall All Purpose glue & added the Frantage Blue Micra Fragments. I then used Glossy accents to the tail top & Fin & her eye.
Left it to dry whilst I worked on the book.

The book I used Collall Tacky Glue & used a sheet of card I had for many years but never found anything to use it for I then I added 2 sheets of Colorcore card. 
I used Collall red liner tape to attach the Ribbon.
All around the bottom I threw lots of Frantage on to give it a feel of a sandy sea bed. 
The Frantage colours were...
Embossing Enamels... Chunky White, Shabby White, aged silver, aged gold, aged Ivory & aged bronze
I then used Collall 3d gel to hold all the decorations.... buttons flowers, gem stones & card candy. After I added the flowers whilst the gel was still wet I added more Frantage to hide the bottom of the flowers & gems.
The Die cut I used to cut out the glitter card was Diesire Grace Frame. I didn't need to emboss it. I used Collall 3d gel to keep the frames & Mermaid in place.
The shell is a real shell that I sprayed with Gold paint & then whilst still wet added glitter so that it matched the Shell top on the mermaid. To hold the shell in place I used Collall 3d gel & on the underside edge that would touch the book front I used a thin smear of Collall all purpose glue. The ribbon & metal embellishment were added using Collall all purpose glue & then again used with the pearls in the die cut.
I made this book yesterday & seeing it now I totally love it. It does weigh heavy as nearly a full tube of Collall 3d gel was used but I know everything will stay in place now :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Torreads Card & Candle in a box

Torreads Card & Candle in a box

Baby Shoes Card

Baby Shoes Card

Shoe on a gift box card

Shoe on a gift box card