Thursday 11 December 2014

Home Made Fat Balls

Ok......
so I bought a tub of 50 Fat Balls but the amount of birds that visit soon left the nets empty, so last night I put some thick bread & sesame seed rolls into the blender to turn them into bread crumbs, added peanuts & bird seed & then melted some lard. I then moulded them into balls. I left them in the fridge over night & this morning Iv opened the empty nets & placed the new fat balls inside. I used bakers twine to sew the tops & left some length to the twine for hanging the Fat Balls up. As I was sewing the nets up my German Shepherd dog stole one & tried to do a runner with it, he loves eating nuts as my parrot regularly throws them out the cage to him. I had my hubby hang them on the bird stand & Arch way & so far so good as they love them :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Torreads Card & Candle in a box

Torreads Card & Candle in a box

Baby Shoes Card

Baby Shoes Card

Shoe on a gift box card

Shoe on a gift box card